BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 5, 2009

Bitter Sweet Day

Today is a bitter sweet day. It’s Jack’s 8th birthday and the day I leave for Afghanistan. I’m extremely grateful that I’ve been able to hang around for a few extra weeks to enjoy both of the kids birthdays. This morning we celebrated Jack’s birthday with homemade waffles, bacon, and opening presents. Jack was excited to open all of the “Spy Gear” presents he received. He is currently “in training” to become a secret agent so the spy gear will come in handy.


Today I will begin the process of deploying. I will leave the house around lunch time, say goodbye to Britin and the Kids, and “go to work.” Going to work is our way of saying goodbye without the difficulty of really saying goodbye. We just assume I’m going to work like any other day and a few days later Britin will pick-up my truck in the parking lot where I left it. This is a great way to trick ourselves.

I will update the blog as soon as I can so tune into the next installment of “Where in the world is Mikey.”

Thank you for your continued support, prayers, and love.


4 comments:

Britin said...

Cute Family..

bella nana said...

Where are you? Did you shave your head so you didn't have to wash your hair?

Tim's Tales said...

Dude, glad to see you have seen the light and went bald!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jack!
I wish you all the best for your futur.

Britin and Mike,
I wish you also all the best in this hard time. I will follow the reports closly. Be safe and take care!

Thanks for the good time in Peterburg and I hope we will see us maybe next year in Switzerland ;-).

Best wishes, Sandro